Applies to: WebPlus X4 and above
You can insert a script into your WebPlus website that will prevent visitors from being able to right-click on your web pages. You can find a suitable script online, from a website such as Dynamic Drive:
Once you have found the script that you want to use, you should place it on the master page(s) in your WebPlus website by following these steps:
- In the Site tab, double-click the master page you want to add the script to. An eye will appear next to the page icon to show that it is now the viewed page
- On the Standard toolbar, click "Attach HTML to page"
- The provider of the script you want to use should tell you where in the HTML to insert it. It will usually need to be inserted into the <BODY> section but please read the instructions you were given carefully.
- Copy your script to the clipboard
- In the Source view, find the line which says <!--Master Page Body Start--> - click to place a flashing cursor after this text and then press Enter/Return to start a new line
- Paste the script onto this new line using:
- Edit > Paste
- Paste button on the Standard toolbar
- Click the Design View button on the Context toolbar to return to the normal page view to continue designing your website
Note: WebPlus options are based on WebPlus X4. May differ for other product versions.
Note: These scripts can be overcome by the site visitor disabling scripts in their browser. This is not a reliable way to prevent users from accessing right-click activities such as saving images.