Applies to: Any Serif product
Problem: During the install of a Serif product, this message appears: "A system reboot request or pending file rename operation has been detected" and the install does not continue.
Resolution 1: All Serif installs check whether Windows requires a restart before they will continue. To resolve this problem, restart your computer and then install the Serif product.
Resolution 2: If you have restarted your computer but the message still appears, follow these steps:
Note 1: The FRFix.exe window must remain open whilst installing the Serif product
- Click here to save the file FRFix.zip to your Desktop
- Extract the contents of FRFix.zip onto your Desktop (you will now have a file called FRFix.exe on your Desktop)
- Double-click FRFix.exe to run it and a program window will open
- Install your Serif product
- Once the install has completed successfully, click the Close button on the FRFix.exe window
Note 2: After the install has completed, you can delete both FRFix.zip and FRFix.exe from your Desktop as they are no longer required