Any Serif product
Problem: When trying to install a CD or DVD, you get one of these error messages:
- An error occured installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1619'
- This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information
This error can be caused by using a specific registry hack
to disable AutoRun in Windows. Removing this registry hack and rebooting the computer should resolve the installation error, but it will also re-enable AutoRun. To resolve this installation error without removing the registry hack, follow these instructions:
- Put the Serif product CD/DVD into your computer's CD/DVD drive
- On Windows Vista, Windows 7 or any newer version of Windows, go to Start > Computer
On Windows XP or below, go to Start > My Computer
- Make note of the letter of the drive that the CD/DVD is in. In the example below, the CD/DVD is in drive D:
- Right-click on the drive containing the CD/DVD and choose Open
- A window will open showing the contents of the CD/DVD
- Make note of the MSI file name. In the example below, the MSI file is called Serif PagePlus X4.msi
- Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories
- On Windows Vista, Windows 7 or any newer version of Windows, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator
On Windows XP or below, left click on Command Prompt
- A command prompt window will open
- In the command prompt window, type the text as shown below (including the quote marks) ensuring that you replace the text in orange with the drive letter you noted in step 3 and the MSI file name you noted in step 6:
msiexec /i "D:\Serif PagePlus X4.msi" transforms=:setup.mst
- The install for your Serif product should now begin successfully.
If you are still experiencing problems with your installation after following this article, please contact Technical Support for further support.