: All PagePlus products.
You may find when presenting your publications that there is too much or too little spacing before, after or between the lines of a paragraph. This is easy to adjust in PagePlus.
Paragraph spacing can be controlled for all paragraphs possessing the same text style or for selected paragraphs only. A text style is a "grouping" of text properties stored under a name, e.g. Body Text, that can be applied to text.
To change paragraph spacing using text styles:
- Click on the paragraph text in a text frame.
- In the Text Styles tab, right-click on the style which is applied to that text, for example Body, and choose Modify <text style name>.
- In the dialog, in the Alignment and Spacing section under Paragraph, set the before/after spacing of your paragraphs using the Space Before or After options (see below).
The before value is ignored for first paragraphs at the top of a frae's column.
- Click OK to save the changes.
To alter paragraph spacing for selected paragraphs:
- Click on a section of text in the paragraph you want to change, or select multiple paragraphs.
- Choose Paragraph from the Format menu..
- Set the before/after spacing of your paragraphs as explained above.
Note: Paragraph spacing is useful as it avoids techniques such as pressing the Enter key between paragraphs to create padding.
For more information about text styles and how useful they can be, click here.